Tru-Greens at it already

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by LB Landscaping, Feb 24, 2003.

1. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Got a call from Tru Green today. Looks like they are gearing up already. We still have close to two feet of snow on the ground. Got me thinking though and I started to contact my customers, I guess its never to early to start.

2. dougaustreim

dougaustreim LawnSite Senior Member

Even though we rarely make any applications here until the last week of April, TGCL starts calling people by the first week of January. Some years even in December. We now do our first mailing the second week of January. It is amazing how they can do their lawn analysis when its under all that snow.

Doug
    Austreim Landscaping

3. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

Lets see how many calls TGCL makes after the National no calls goes in affect.

4. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

TGCL was doing applications here the first week or two of January.:eek: The climate here is much milder than way up there in Maine, but I still thought this was a bit early.

5. youcantdothat

youcantdothat LawnSite Member

Let's not forget guys, spring is only 3 weeks away!

6. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

Those people will get what they pay for. Not much for even less.
    I wonder if any of the Mass Marketing Co's get referrals from all those... satisfied customers. They sure have given me a lot of business:D

7. JTHutch

JTHutch LawnSite Member

I would have started my first applications this week but it just droped 4" of snow so I think I'll hold off. Wouldn't be supprised to see a true green guy out there though.

8. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I'm in the same situation. We had almost a foot of snow dumped on us last night!! Woohoo, I sure did have fun today on my ATV, though!:D (too bad I dont have a plow on it);)

9. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

Hey Greenman,
    How do you guys handle snow like that? I know that those amounts aren't real common in Ark, is there many guys set up for plowing?

10. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok two days ago the temps dropped to -3 deg the ground is 50% snow covered. I saw TG tanker out today. Did not see him spraying, but I doubt if they would quote with tanker. FYI

Mark