1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tru Green's Working

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Runner, Jan 16, 2001.

1. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Oddest thing. We have about fifteen inches still left on the ground and today I saw a Tru Green pickup with a chipper on back, pulling out of a subdivision. May be it's time to get busy! I've got alot of stuff that can be done!
  2. Eric Green

Eric Green LawnSite Member

Need help???
  3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

My daughter (stay away Charles) has a part time job at Chem-lawn working in the office. She's constantly telling me that they service the wrong lawns. Maybe their using the chipper truck to get rid of the snow.
  4. Eric Green

Eric Green LawnSite Member

... And then you grow-up and decide you want to go into business for yourself,and here you are!!
  5. JVS

JVS LawnSite Member

These guys are solicting old accounts. I know because one of my lawn chemical/fertilization clients called me to tell me they keep calling him and how to get rid of them. They do not take no for an anwer
  6. cst51

cst51 LawnSite Member

Here in Indiana they got in some real doo doo last year by the BBB. Too many complaints about unauthorized sprayings. They would tell you they would spray your lawn 4 times a year but spray it 6 times a year and charge you for it. People got fed up and complained. I don't blame them!!! If somebody asked me to cut their lawn every ten days, I'm not going to cut every six and expect them not to complin or maybe even not pay!!---That's all I know
  7. Big "Green" loses 40% of it's customers yearly.

So if you follow the urea truck around all day and he does say 10 stops if you write down the address of the homes then pull the names off the deed books, you will be on the ground floor for 4 of those accounts when they discountinue big "Green" over the Winter.

8. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

Stone- "follow the urea truck..." I haven't laughed that hard all week. That was a good one.
  9. If the 4 accounts you captured were just $40 apps x 6=$240@

So by following the Liquid "N" truck around will generate a grand a day in future yearly income.

So for say $10 worth of gas in the personal auto you could generate up to $1000 of future yearly sales for every day you follow the urea tanker.

Now folks go see if that marketing plan is written in any green industry books.

P.S Since the average big green customer lasts three years and big green does not remove thatch all of these lawns will have to be dethatched with the junk removed from site plus an aeration b/4 you can even apply. You can safely add another grand to those 4 new accounts. That makes puts you at another grand in sales on those four new accounts.

[Edited by lawrence stone on 01-17-2001 at 09:59 AM]
  10. Scape Sculptor

Scape Sculptor LawnSite Member

Don't under estimate Mr Stone's remarks about Tru-Green. It's all very real and true. One can make a very good living just following those trucks around and going after the Tru-Green customers.

Give them personal service and if you have any knowledge in Agronomy and Horticulture you have it made in the shade.