1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Truck #2 is here...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by fiveoboy01, Nov 6, 2007.

1. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

'08 F-250, 5.4, 4x4 auto, extended cab, tan cloth interior, of course in WHITE....

Prob get it stickered to match the other one next month sometime.

Odd, it seems to sit a little lower than the other truck, looking at the pictures. But the wheel well opening between the tire and edge of the wheelwell looks larger on the newer truck. I'll have to get a tape measure and measure them suckers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Don't take it the wrong way but why did you buy another truck, basically the same size and model? Is one for the biz and the other for personal use?

How do you like the new exterior style?

3. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Great truck...congrats. In our industry you just "opened a new location".

4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Truck looks nice but I'm a bit confused like redmax is...... Good luck with the new truck none the less!

5. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not sure what everyone's confusion is? The guy started another crew. The truck he bought is the most versatile truck I can think of, not too big and not too small, for maintenance and small landscaping. Was he supposed to buy a different model? We run all 1500 's and 2500's and wouldn't change that for the world. Only thing I would've done differently was to walk across the street to the CHEVY dealer and spend the extra couple grand.

6. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

that new fords didnt impress me at first but grew on me and i think they look really nice good luck with it....what are your plans for it

7. jimmyburg

jimmyburg LawnSite Senior Member

Can you take pics of the inside?

8. fiveoboy01

Sheesh didn't know I had to justify any new purchases to you guys, but what the hell:

The truck will be getting a plow and mount on it, and it is very likely it will be pulling a second trailer around next spring. It is more of a "personal" vehicle for my partner, but no less personal than the other one is for me. It will still be used for business use when it's needed.

I can't even count the number of times I could have used a second truck this year for various things, to either haul a dump trailer, or a load of mulch, etc etc etc.

Personally I think the front end is gay, especially the headlights, but the bro picked it. I would have looked for a slightly used or leftover '07:laugh:

I'll try to get some pictures of the interior today sometime.

9. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I didn't know you had other guys working with you. I thought you were basically solo with a helper every once in a while.

I bet you could have found an '07. White is a popular color at least among the XL trim line.

Its nice though and will be another money maker. Looks better then those new Chevys.

What plow is going on? Boss?

10. fiveoboy01

I am solo most of the time but not always. I believe that there will be a couple of employees next year. Likely myself and one employee and my partner and another employee. I like 2 man crews.

It's an XLT, fwiw.

We looked at the HD pickups. The front end and hood is ok but I can't stand the frickin wheelwells and the side view. They look so stupid. But, like I said the headlights on this one are ugly, so whatever I guess.

Yah another Boss. Is there any other choice:)