truck accesories

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by A+ Lawncare, May 22, 2005.

1. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i just bought an ranger that does not have an bed liner, and i plan to put either a bed liner in or a sprayed in 1... wondering which 1 is best and why?

also the price of doing 1 vs. the other for a 6ft bed....

thanxs in advance,
    Wade

P.S. also does any1 know where i can get trim plastic (fenderwheels) & bed rails and side rails for stepping in & out of cab, like the 1 ford uses on their ranger edge line ups...

also price checks please

2. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

summit racing should have tons of accesories for the truck.

As for bed liners, spray in is junk in my opinion. They last for a 5 years and then start to peal, plus if theres moisture out when its sprayed in there it traps and then it rusts. I've seen water get under it before also and rust. I prefer the good old plastic ones. summits website is www.summitracing.com

3. kevB

kevB LawnSite Member

I have found spray-in-liners work great. I worked for a turf maintenance company a few years back. We took our fleet of 8 trucks and had them sprayed. We got a 5 year comercial warranty and they did a great job. We never had a problem. BTW, 2 of those beds were torn up from the spray rigs (but repaired before Line-X) and still were rust free after all of those years.

4. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I have a Line-x spray in liner and wouldn't have it any other way. Those drop in plastic types will rub and end up taking off the paint under it and cause rust. There is no guarantee with a drop in but there is with a spray in liner. Worth the extra money for the spray in, it also adds to the resale of any truck!

5. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

jcw.com
    stylinconcepts.com