1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Truck and Plow Lettering

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by DAMSLandscaping, Aug 31, 2006.

1. DAMSLandscaping

DAMSLandscaping LawnSite Member
    from Maine

I finally got the truck lettered yesterday.. I think it came out really good.. Heres a few pics... I got the plow done too.. I figure i can park it at the end of my driveway and hope i get a few phone calls.. i dont expect it to last to long after i start plowing with it...

[​IMG]

2. DiMassa33

DiMassa33 LawnSite Member

just wondering if you or anyone else knows how much it is to get just a truck lettered like that?

- but the truck and plow both look great, nice set-up

thanks

3. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Why not? It's just snow...? Maybe go get you some type of clearcoat spray or something that you can spray over the front of the plow before you start using it, maybe that will help seal the lettering behind a protective coating?

4. DAMSLandscaping

from Maine

Mine was $500 the plow $75.. heres another pic

[​IMG]

5. DAMSLandscaping

from Maine

Yea ill try the spray clearcoat, sounds like a good idea

[​IMG]

6. DAMSLandscaping

from Maine

The snowplowing & number are in reflective... as seen here...

[​IMG]

7. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

wont the lettering come off or will the clear coat take care of that? other wise looks real good.:waving:

8. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the plow. I think it looks really cool, especially being reflective. If you get a customer it is worth the $75 you have into it. Where are you in Maine? My grandparents live in Tenants Harbor, just south of Rockland.

9. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Whats going to suck is when you start to plow if one of the letters wears off and the sign doesn't read right. Other than that, looks really good. Money well spent.

10. Fordsuvparts

Fordsuvparts LawnSite Senior Member

That looks really good, good quality vinyl lettering makes a big diffrerence in appreance. I might just have to copy the lettering on the plow idea for my own plows.