1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Truck and Trailer In One

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Sean Adams, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

If you have not looked into the Super Lawn Truck System, take a look at www.superlawntrucks.com today. I have personally had the pleasure of meeting the creator, Tony Bass, and I have been in several of his (and his client's) Super Lawn Trucks.....sweet! A business on wheels and they have great deals and financing options as well.
  2. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I've been to their site before and watched the video too. I'm not saying this in a confrontational way, but what is the advantage of getting a truck from them as opposed to getting the truck elsewhere and customizing it yourself? (like in the offseason for us northern guys)
  3. gator-town

gator-town LawnSite Member
    from bfe

sean ... do you have a general idea of cost ... say within $5K .
  4. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

You can get new or used which obviously has an impact on price....as well as the marketing that can come with it (custom painting/signage)....so, to be honest, no I cannot come within $5k.....check out their site....you will get an idea there....

The C Man - I know what you are saying, but I think a lot would disagree....guess it depends on what one is capable of both financially and time-wise
  5. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

They seem like great people, but I priced their gate system and gas system and it is ridiculous!! $6500 for the gate and $2500 for the gas system!! No thanks I think I will try to be a profitable business.
  6. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

Super Lawn Trucks seemed to be a bit overpriced!

The gate system alone cost what a new mower would! I finally got to see them first had at GIE in Charlotte. Some of the wood "pretty" cabinets with clear plastic fronts would take some abuse with a crew! They actually had a briefcase in a slot inside the bed of the truck like a prop! God know all us lawn care guys need a secure place for our briefcases! They have some good ideas but remember if you have money for a truck like this most likely the owner will not be the operator and a crew can be abusive.
  7. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

While the concept is pretty cool..... I have a couple of trucks... So if one of them is down I just hook up the other one.... What would happen if the SLT was broken down... Cant do any work until you get it back......
  8. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

How long does it take for that gate to go down...watching that video it seems to take forever. In that time on a postage stamp lawn i would be finished and driving off with my regular trailer ramp gate before that thing was down. I just don't see how it saves time.
  9. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

joplin i agree wiht you on the gate thing compare to an enclosed trailer i would be WELL on my way to mowing by the time someone who had a SLT got their on the ground. also ztoro has a good point what happens if it breaks down. im like him one breaks down switch trailers on the trucks and roll out. minimal down times. if a SLT broke down i could be days behind b4 i got it back on the road again. lots of lst $$ to me .. good idea but it doesnt seem usable in the market to me. and what about plowing HA RRIIIIIIIIIGGGHHHHHTTTTTTT
  10. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

totally agree. plowing might not be too bad if all you do is drive forward. forget about backing up!