Truck and Trailer In One

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Sean Adams, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

It seams to me like a 16' with all the options 2 years ago I was quoted around $47,000 without the removable advertising

2. Patrick.B

Patrick.B LawnSite Senior Member

i'd agree with you all 100% ....if my truck break down i just hook on to my other truck and keep mower alone ,,i got better thing to do with my money then buying $40.000 Lawn truck ,,,lol :cool:

3. B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc

B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc LawnSite Member

I personally think all you guys are being very closed minded about the concept of this truck. I drove 4 hrs on a Saturday to their facility and Gary Fellows bent over backwards to meet with me on a weekend. The GATE system lowers in 35 seconds (YES I DID TIME IT). I was concerned with that also. The reason the gate system is a little pricey is because its a locking rear door, a ramp, and a work platform as well and i feel it is worth the investment. The fuel storage system holds enough diesel, gas, and mix to run a lawn service all week. You just pull up and pump like at the station. I dare any of you to price the same tanks, fuel pumps and other materials used on the fuel storage system and mount it cheaper. I know i can't. If the truck breaks down get it fixed and run your pickup and trailer till it is fixed. I don't plan to sell my trucks and trailers just because i buy one of these. And finally you can get the truck loaded (truck, 16' box, all accessories and interior racks, gate/ramp, fuel stations, chrome wheels, receiver hitch) with marketing package on all 4 sides for $45,000 to $50,000. And if you think that is high go price any 3/4 ton diesel or a dually. I did $55,000 for f-350 and still have to pull a trailer. So why not have it all in one. Less maintenance, easier handling, and better in tight subdivisions and anyone can drive it and you don't have to train people to back a trailer. I PERSONALLY PLAN TO BUY ONE A.S.A.P.

4. Patrick.B

Patrick.B LawnSite Senior Member

B&B i wasn't saying anything bad about the truck ..and i don't plan on buying a $45.000 or $55.000 ..i do believe that would be a great work truck but my business is not big enough to have a special truck like that ,,,if anything change in my business in next few years Its would be buying an inclosed triler ,,,,

5. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I have my own version of a super lawn truck and it was $15k. I have a $1200 gate system that is more efficient than there $6500 gate system. I think they are good trucks, but you are crazy to pay 50k for a truck you could have for 20k.

6. rookie03

rookie03 LawnSite Member
    from OK

Show us some pics of your setup. How does your gate system work?

7. Lawnworks

from usa

Here is a pic of the gate.

8. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

lawnworks,

can you give us some info on your gate mod to your npr?

where was it made/installed?etc?

9. Lawnworks

from usa

I got the dovetail installed at K&K Manufacturing in Griffin, GA. This is really turning out to be a popular choice down here. The dovetail is 4 ft long and the gate is spring loaded and has a trailer hitch installed, but I don't think it would handle pulling something real heavy like a skid steer due to the hitch being so far out back, but I have pulled about 4k lbs or so.

10. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawn works that is a awesome truck at night do you just pull the door down on the back of the trailer? Also did you buy the box truck new or used?