Truck and Trailer In One

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Sean Adams, Jul 16, 2004.

1. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

2. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats right Dusty. I got a quote this spring of about $8k for that body. I decided to get an enclosed trailer instead.

3. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i really like the body my friend has 1 and it works out great anyone can drive it i was looking at putting that body on a ford cab and chassy

4. green_mark

green_mark LawnSite Senior Member

I purchased a used 24' straight truck and put on a cube van ramp from www.handyramp.com.

This has worked as a floating warehouse on wheels with better maneuverability than a trailer.

5. COLLINSVILLE

COLLINSVILLE LawnSite Member
    from CT

green mark, will a zero turn go over the top of the ramp with out draging?

6. green_mark

green_mark LawnSite Senior Member

The ramp is 12' long with a center support leg that can be adjusted to provide a two angle entry point. With this feature, I have never had an mower bottom out. This truck in the photo is dock high. Anyway the ramp can be modified to suit your individual needs prior to taking delivery.

7. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

WOW

I could have 2 used NPR's and 2 decen't sized Z's for the price of an SLT alone.

And I don't see anything going wrong with a simple dove tail and hinged ramp, just give'r a little grease and never worry about it failing.

8. Hatchett Brothers

Hatchett Brothers LawnSite Member

thanks for the pictures

9. Hatchett Brothers

Hatchett Brothers LawnSite Member

I have just purchased a 2000 Mitsubishi w/16' box and need to build a ramp. I couldn't actually find any pictures and may be doing something wrong but i would like to see what you have done. Are there any improvements you might add if you were to build it again?

10. Carolina Lawn Care

Carolina Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I would like to take a look at the pic you have posted but can't seem to have access to it. Please help