1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Truck and Trailer In One

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Sean Adams, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Mayday's Man

Mayday's Man LawnSite Member

I received a qoute for one and it was $47,000 equipped my way truck, box, ramp, gas tanks. It was to much monthly to profit itself, but the idea is solid if you have employees wasting time learning to pull trailers, fueling equipment, loading-unloading if you don't have a enclosed trailer which I already do, and money saved on tires, ins., registration on trailer. I was researching the idea when I came across there site. I've seen the hydro Ramp in person and watched it go up and down, nothing like the speed of my trailers spring assisted ramp. I don't know if can plow or not, I live in Orlando, FL. I've done all or most of the research if you have any questions.
  2. Mayday's Man

Lawnworks, Where can I see your truck pic.
  3. Mayday's Man

4. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

5. mezammit

mezammit LawnSite Member

I noticed on your profile you have some grid iron trimmer racks. I was looking at buying a trimmer rack from them. How well do they work.
  6. scogdell

scogdell LawnSite Member

It sounds like there are lots of mixed reviews here on the SLTs. My brother-in-law Mike purchased one last year for his business and he loved it. He said it saved him time because he didn't have to worry about backing and unhooking a trailer each night. He was going to use it as an on-site workshop as well for sharpening blades, etc. And he was pretty quick with the gate.

Sadly, Mike died a month ago unexpectedly. I am helping my sister with the estate. Mike's SLT has a GMC frame, hydraulic gate, auxillary fuel tanks and other extras. It has less than 5000 miles on it. I have the SLT with me in Maryland and am trying to sell it. He paid closed to $46K for it. If anyone is interested in a used, low-mileage, like-new SLT, please contact me.

7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Very sorry to hear about your friend! best of luck with everything!!!

for better results, post this in the "for sale" section of LS
  8. scogdell

scogdell LawnSite Member

Thank you. I posted again in the sale area although I couldn't repost the pictures, so I listed the link.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

sorry for your lose are the mowers for sale? or just the truck
    is it gas for diesel?
  10. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Does this truck have the side door on the box ? Does it have the hydro rear ramp? What is the length of the box?