Truck and Trailer In One

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Sean Adams, Jul 16, 2004.

1. scogdell

scogdell LawnSite Member

Hi,

It does have the side door and the hydro ramp. I'll have to measure the length and width and get back to you. But for reference, I had an Exmark 72" straight in, and two Exmark 60" behind that turned sideways. Then I had about 6" to spare from there.

I have a lot of pictures. If you send me your email, I'll email them to you.

Thanks.
    Steve

2. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

What type of mpg do the diesels get?

3. Waterscapes By Design

Waterscapes By Design LawnSite Member

man how difficult would it be to lift a bag of clippings up over the side of that bed??
    I do like the lil dump part of it, but it doesnt seem much easier to lift a heavy bag of lawn clipping 6-8 ft in the air and try to dump it in there...

Also, I dont use catch bags so I dont really know how much they weigh, just seems like they would be heavy...

4. verant

verant LawnSite Senior Member

this super lawn truck is impracticle and it looks dumb too, and expensive

5. BrandonsLawnAndSnow

BrandonsLawnAndSnow LawnSite Member

I would never get a truck and trailer in 1, bc if the truck ever broke down your screwed, and if you had a truck and trailer seperate, you could always get another truck to pull your trailer

6. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

why wouldn't you have a trailer anyway? These trucks do pull trailers as well you know?

7. TINYTRACTORSERVICE

TINYTRACTORSERVICE LawnSite Member

Hi all some what new here Just letting u all see my new little bizz. I picked up a 94 Diesel 17' u haul truck My BX24 Kubota tractor fits well inside c pics all my Implements to. I still have a lot more work to do to the truck to get it the way id like it. Backhoe & thumb,box scraper,tiller,post hole digger. If you have any input Id like to here it Thanks TINYTRACTORSERVICE http://TINYTRACTORSERVICE.COM :usflag:

TTS 022.jpg

TTS 014.jpg

TTS 021.jpg

TTS 011.jpg

TTS 013.jpg

8. mowman84

mowman84 LawnSite Member

SLT trucks are a joke. Is it really that hard to learn how to back a trailor. I know i can mow all day with a 5 gallon gas can full then fill it up at the end of the day so there is no down time, and the ramp... give me a break. I dont think that big sign is any better than mine on my door. Also Can't plow snow, Cant put rock, mulch in back just doesn't make any sense.

9. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I disagree. I am seriously thinking about adding the fuel system to my nprs. My guys fill up everyday at the gas station while I pay for there time. This 15-30 minutes per crew everyday adds up.

These trucks are explicitly for maintenance not landscaping. Typically when you grow you will have dedicated divisions/trucks.

As far as trailers... they are a pain. Trailer tires, lights, and bashed quarter panels are reason enough to stay away from them.

The ramp is a joke though. The dovetail versions are much cheaper $1500 vs $6500 for the hydraulic ramp. Plus that hydraulic ramp is slooooow.

As far as the signage, I think people will notice a 16' sign a bit more than 2' sign that every mowing joe has.

10. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't get why anyone would buy a SLT when you can easily adapt any box/cube truck yourself. There's only a few things they change, aside from the slow a$$ hydraulic ramp. You can buy a used box truck and add all the goodies and have about $10-12k invested.

Tinytractorservice, thats a sweeeeeeet setup, I'm going to send you a PM.