Truck and trailer logo

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by fyshstykr, Mar 9, 2006.

1. fyshstykr

fyshstykr LawnSite Member
    from zone 99

Just want to get some opinions on my logo. Thanks in advance for any opinions.

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good!

3. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

logo looks good...I'd change the font to something a little more professional though.

4. Thirdpete

Thirdpete LawnSite Member
    from Chicago

i know that font screams second grade... but i like it. not the typical "juan vazquez" or "tony demarco" written in cursive white paint on the side of a red truck. looks nice.

5. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

Logo looks good, but get ready to shell out some money to get it screen printed, you're looking at 7 colors to do that, which equals 7 screens, which equals more money. I would only have one blue on the earth.

6. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

Im with you on that cc, aorund here it costs almost 1.5x as much for 7 colors rather than a couple.

7. kingofbling

kingofbling LawnSite Member
    from dallas

There is no need to put Licensed & Insured on your business cards or company signage, thats unprofessional IMO. If a customer wants to know if you are Licensed or Insured they will ask, you dont see these big repair or maitnence companies going around with Licensed & Insured plasterd all over.

Most customers dont care as long as you do the work as promised.

8. fyshstykr

fyshstykr LawnSite Member
    from zone 99

Thanks for the feed back.

I'm planning on staying with the font, it is an architect style font and I wanted that clean look.

As far as the L & I, that is the kind of feedback I needed, many landscape companies in our area have it and I am hesitant to leave it off, because I don't want people to think I'm not licensed and insured. Anyone else?

Any other suggestions? Should the phone # just be in black, or does the green help it stand out?

Thanks again
    fysh

9. Greenhaul Lawn Pro...

Greenhaul Lawn Pro... LawnSite Member

That is a great logo, very clean. I think the font is perfect. Nice work:drinkup:

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Actually, if that's the type of theme you want to go with, the fonts style actually fits that theme. Someone had mentioned "second grade". Well, many of these types of campaigns, such as "beautification", and recycling, and other ecology based campaigns count on this type of theme so that it gives a connotation of an earth of children who care.....It is a "young innocense" appeal to the masses. Kind of thinking of the "future" for our people.