truck and trailer vs. truck with landscape body

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by grassmasterswilson, May 12, 2008.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

I currently have a chevy 2500 and 16 ft open trailer and have been thinking about the trucks with the landscape bodies on the back. I do only maintenence so no landscaping here. What do you guys know about the trucks with landscape bodies (don't know if they have a name)?

I would keep my current truck/trailer for spraying, pruning, mulch, pinestraw.... but didn't know if if would be any savings in the long run. From what I hear the are about the same prices.

2. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

Well where are you going to put your yard debris? cleanups would suck I would think have to take everthing off of the truck. maybye put some dump sides on it. would be great if all you did was just mowing and you did not bag. just my pennies

3. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

The only bagging we do around here is for leaves in the fall. Very little is done during the spring/summer. Most companies around here don't haul off very much debris because of a lack of places to take them. The closest place is the county landfill and they charge you and it is a good 20 minute ride one way. I'm not going to pile it at my house. Our city picks up compost materials once a week and that is what 99% of the companies do here.

4. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

Then a isuzu npr sounds like it would be a great fit.