truck bed tool box

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Leone LawnCare, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Leone LawnCare

Leone LawnCare LawnSite Member

what company makes the best diamond plated tool boxes for trucks?
  2. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

i would say deezee

craftsman has some nice boxes but dont know much about longevity
  3. Leone LawnCare

Leone LawnCare LawnSite Member

i looked at deezee and have to say they are very poorly built i know how to weld and can say that the welding is pathetic
  4. vadeere

vadeere LawnSite Member

Look at United Welding Services boxes, I have one they are incredibly strong and durable. I dont know if they have them up there in Michigan, they are made in florida. Agri-supply sells them. In the south they are regaded as the best money can buy.
  5. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

The only tool box i would buy is weatherguard. The reason for that, it it is the only toolbox that has a decent lock. My dad is a locksmith and has run his own company for 30 years. He had to open a weather guard tool box for a guy who lost the key. It took him over 30 minutes. He was opened other toolboxes before and they usually took him under 2 minutes. My dad is good. If you dont ever want to worry about your tools getting stolen, but a weatherguard. Criminals WILL NOT GET into it.

6. draftlawncare

draftlawncare LawnSite Member

i also have a United welding services box i know for a fact that those boxes can take a beating
  7. DKinWA

DKinWA LawnSite Member

Weatherguard is good (I've got two saddle boxes), but Protech is probably the best out there.

8. upsondown

upsondown LawnSite Senior Member

We use weatherguard's for our trucks but also have Knaack boxes on our trailers.
  9. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have a weatherguard that has lasted through several trucks. Has been a well made toolbox.
  10. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a contico. great box