Truck boxes

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by lawncare3, May 30, 2005.

1. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone have a truck tool box mounted in your truck? I personally don't like all the space they take up but after having this crammed cab for since november I finally went to wally world and bolted one in. It was only $115 after tax and it's HUGE. I am 6'1" and 200# and I was able to fit inside and shut the lid. It has enough room for 7-5 gallon gas cans or 1 keg and 4 cases of beer. It finally much nicer to have my standard cab not so crammed. On top of that I am able to take it out because it mounted with "J" Hooks so when I need my full 8 feet I can use it. :)

2. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I have a locking diamond plate box from tractor supply. It is one of the best storage investments I have made for my truck. Mine uses J-hooks also but it is hard to move the box when it is full of stuff. It takes more time to unload the gear than it does to unhook the box.

3. mosmgras

mosmgras LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I mounted (under the bed) a 48" box on the drivers side and a 24" box on the passengers side of my NPR. This setup provides plenty of space to store tools, gas cans, spare parts and anything else that would other wise be rolling around in the bed or cab. It also provides a secure lockable area for chainsaws and such that could be easily carried off if left in the bed.