Truck cleaning

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by ksland, Feb 23, 2003.

1. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

What do you guys use to clean your trucks interior? I am looking to stock up on some good cleaning products. Obviously an apolstry (sp?) cleaner is best for cloth seats and door panels but what about dashboards and plastic components? Any detailers in the house??

2. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I go with armor all, not the slippery stuff but they have a cleaning solution. They have handy wipes that work pretty good and you can keep them in the truck.

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i find that armor all is the best on plastic surfaces. a lot of people say it will crack a dash, but i have yet seen that happen. as far as apolstry, i have my truck professionally detailed once a year, and they vaccum and shampoo all the seats and carpets. for tire dressing i use ardex tire stuff or black magic wet. after i wash my truck, i usually go over the whole truck with turtle wax express shine. it makes the paint look wicked nice, shiny, and smooth.

4. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

i use a water hose and greased lightning to clean the floor and doors then use the air gun

5. bam

bam LawnSite Senior Member
    from .

simple green mixed 50%. for my personal vehicle i'd probably use a protectant afterward or every few cleanings.

6. imalandscper

imalandscper LawnSite Member

That is the way to go if you want it to look good. Any of the care car products are very good but make sure you do not switch products because the different chemicals in each product can have a negative effect on the materials you are using them on. For the apholstry a steamer or a carpet shampooer is very good. If you are worried about some grease spots are hard to remove stains try and industrial degreeser (straight do not mix). there is a product called "grub remover" that is a very good product but watch what you use it on cause it is very strong but great on carpets. I used to clean semi's for my fathers trucking company and they would look awsome when I got done with then and i have also detailed alot of vehicles..... And about the dash cracking try some baby oil or another similar product rubbed in. The only reason they crack is cause they are dry.

Hope this helps.

Andy

7. pottstim

pottstim LawnSite Senior Member

I use Armor All on the dash, interior trim, outside moding, bumper pads, etc. As far as car wash concentrate, I use Duragloss products. Their car wash is red and has a great cherry smell to it. It is very good about not leaving water spots and makes lots of suds. Duragloss's wax is also an excellent product. It is probably the easiest wax i've ever done. It goes on easy, and it's easy to take off as well. I've found with most waxes that you can only do one body panel at a time, because they dry fast and are a killer to take off. With duragloss, you can do your entire vehicle then go back and take it off. If you can find some near you give it a try.
    Here is a link to their website for more information on their products.

https://www.duragloss.com

8. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Just open both dorrs and fire up the leaf blower. just be sure your up wind.:D :blob1:

The Armorall wipes have worked well for me.

9. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

Turtle Wax "Power Out". Works great and will not ruin the finish or color on vinyl.(Or fabric)

10. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

for your fabric and carpets you can clean them yourself as I do. in my early days before I started mowing I cleaned carpets and furniture. what I use is a good carpet cleaning solution. mix at directed amount in a bucket full of hot water then using a brush for like bathroom tile dunk in bucket and scrub away. when finished use your wet vac to suck water from carpets and seats. this works best in the summer as you can roll all your windows up and it drys really quick. nothing worse then stinky sweat and grass in your truck:p