truck decals

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Frontier-Lawn, Feb 20, 2009.

1. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

2. tras

tras LawnSite Member

Everyone now a days sends text messages, chances are, if you have a newer phone you do so spelling the word LAWN should be no problem. And if you are older chances are you are calling from a landline that does have the letters displayed on the buttons.

Also like i said, thats my old truck. I still use the same logo and phone number but I do not even display it on my trucks anymore.

3. Lucky Star Lawn Care

Lucky Star Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

So on my blackberry if I enter your number then spell lawn it will call you? Also I know its your old truck Read my last line

4. tras

tras LawnSite Member

On a QWERTY keyboard? No, obviously. If you cant figure out how to call me I probably dont want you calling me anyway. On most phones(NOT smartphones) people usually use T9 type texting so they should be able to figure out how to spell the word lawn in a phone number.:hammerhead:

Also, like i said i dont even display my number on my trucks anymore, dont need to. :clapping:

5. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I have my number displayed on my trucks, but it accounts for about 1% of my calls... the logo'ed trucks is really for branding and name recognition not actual phone calls.

6. Lucky Star Lawn Care

That was my whole point with the qwerty keyboard on all these phones. Texting has nothing to do with this obviously my point went over your head:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::waving:

7. tras

tras LawnSite Member

It did not go over my head. I know texting has nothing to do with making a phone call. Reguardless of the type of phone, its not that hard to figure out how to spell out a word. If you have a qwerty keyboard, great. But it doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize that in a phone number actual numbers are called for. If you cant figure that out then like i said, i dont even want that big of a dumbass calling me anyway. Arguing on the internet is stupid, but whatever. I see you are trying to make a point but either way it doesnt matter, I dont display my number on my trucks and even when I did, people had no troubles reaching me.:waving:

8. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I see your point... I have a blackberry... and if I type in lawn on my keypad who knows who I would be calling. I would have to draw out a diagram and then it still may not even be right... something to think about for sure!

9. Lucky Star Lawn Care

Thank you that's all I was trying to say or have guys think about was just suggesting to put the actual numbers below or behind the letters:dizzy:

10. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

THE LAST SHOT OF THE PICKUP was the best frontier