1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Truck decals

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John P., Dec 1, 2004.

1. John P.

John P. LawnSite Senior Member

I'm curious to know who puts decals on their trucks with company name number etc. If you do have you found that they help? Do you think that it is a good marketing device?
  2. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I don't know how much they do, but we put signs on everything. You never know who is sitting next to you at a light, ect. I have seen people pull up next to the truck and write down the number ect., so I guess it works. For $20 a door, I feel it's worth it.
  3. John P.

20 bucks a door does not seem bad in price at all.............the rig looks nice.
  4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Looks professional, and uniform. I think it's a must. Here's one truck. She's getting more lettering across the bed, and the hood this weekend. :)

5. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Works great here. It seems at most 2 0r 3 times a month someone stops me at Home Depot or local store and ask what service I do. I give them a card. I have my logo on everything. All my mowers, on trailer and also on wifes SUV. Drive around is good ad. Do it its worth it.
  6. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Always have had great luck with lettered trucks. Customers recognize your trucks and see them out at the properties you service. You do a grea job with your truck parked out front and people want you do service them as well.

One of the trucks......

Edit_Logo (Small).JPG
  7. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

No picks from me yet but Ill try and get some.Clean work truck works well also.But that is just me being anal.
  8. John P.

PaPonte...............That is a real sharp looking plow truck, i like the yellow salter and plow with a white truck LOOKS GREAT!
  9. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

Mine has brought in plenty of business. Not to mention all the compliments I get on the truck. People use your truck for association....."hey, remember the guy with the nice red truck and fancy lettering....." True story, I picked up a few accounts that way.

10. lpwhandyman

lpwhandyman LawnSite Member

Do it...It has been one of the cheapest forms of advertising. Also go a step further and get the reflective lettering put on. Sure you can see it during the day, but at night it just JUMPS right out at you. When I first had it put on, a neighbor down the street gave me heck because of the reflectiveness. I remember getting one job alone worth four digits just because of a contractor seeing my truck with lettering and referred me to a customer. I always ask how they got our name and number and it's not a large percentage that say just from the truck lettering, but every little bit helps. It will pay for itself many times over. If this helps, what I did was to take a picture of the truck, uploaded it onto the computer and then played around with the layout and colors moving them around on the computer image and once I was happy with it, took it to my sign guy and made his life easier. Of course he had a better program to work with. It actually had truck templates and it allowed him to tell him exactly how big of fonts would work.