Truck dilemma help

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by h20seeder, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Monroe74

Monroe74 LawnSite Senior Member

What for gears are you running?

2. h20seeder

h20seeder LawnSite Member
    from Maine

I'm 4:10 gears. I'm not mechanically inclined so I would have to pay a mechanic to do the bullet proofing. Not sure what that would cost.....

3. Monroe74

Monroe74 LawnSite Senior Member

Ah, my truck is using 3.73 s. which is why I'm guessing I'm getting 13 towing. I didn't look to see where you are located but where I'm at the average mechanic gets 65 an hour but they will have a lift and air tools so that would cut some time down. 16-20 hrs is with hand tools only.
    When i checked into putting 3.55s in my truck front and rear they were asking 800 installed.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  4. watatrp

watatrp LawnSite Senior Member

I know all the Ford forums indicate all kinds of problems with the 6.0. For everyone with a problem, there is one with no problems. People don't post if they have no problems. I spend extra on keeping the fluids changed, fuel treated, coolant filter, clean the egr, transmission serviced. If you know the history of your vehicle and know if the engine is basically solid minus some upgrades and changes, it seems like investing in what you have may be an option. Another vehicle may have problems that you cannot foresee.

5. h20seeder

h20seeder LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Good point. I think I am going to go with gmc duramax 3500 hd. Time for a change plus I am going to put a switch and go bed on it and see how that is. Can see how it would be super handy......will keep you posted with some pics when everything gets put together

6. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

You wont have much payload left but it will be cool, post pics.
    Posted via Mobile Device