Truck Enthusiasts!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by g21, Jan 10, 2010.

1. g21

g21 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey for you guys who really like to dress up your trucks, TJ will now have his own lessons on teaching you how to dress up your work trucks. He's really talented!

He's shooting some really cool're going to like them!

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Dress up a work truck? You mean waste money right? lol
  3. Juan91

Juan91 LawnSite Senior Member

i agree!!!! hehe
  4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I pride myself on how long I can let it go between washing it, the last time
    I went just past two years, this lets the truck get a type of layered grime built
    up that makes it look like it just came in off a 4,000 mile road trip.

That what you mean?

I did, however, order 100 feet of 409 racing spark plug wires, the boots and clips and all of that,
    so I'll be busy fabricating my own wires from here on out, it's got a Mallory high performance coil and
    I also bought Accel cap and rotor, that's in addition to running premium fuel and synthetic oil in it,
    of course it has a high performance air filter as well.
    I keep up on the rest of the maintenance best I can, transmission fluid and filter gets changed every year,
    the spark plugs are getting replaced this year, the wheel bearings are greased, the brake pads are good as of
    a year ago, the pcv valve and hose just got replaced, the O2 sensor has less than 20k miles on it, and so on...
    Oh yeah, new tires as of March of '09.
    That's where my money goes, where it counts the most.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  5. g21

I'm not sure if you're kidding? It seems as if so many of the LawnSite members are always asking how to get more business and really grow your company. First impressions are so important when approaching "potential" clients or letting your community see what type of company you are.

So many times a small contractor might spend a thousand dollars on a mailing campaign like postcards, flyers, etc. Then it's gone. But a few hundred bucks to dress up a truck lasts for years and is seen every day!

I can't tell you how many times I've had customers tell us that their initial thoughts when meeting us were, "if you take that much pride in your trucks, I can only imagine how much pride you must take in your work!"

Listen, if your companies are growing and thriving, it's a moot point - I wouldn't change a thing! My invitation was to guys who are looking for things that can give them a leg up.

I'm just trying to share things that I know work...either for my own company or companies I have worked with.
  6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

WOW. I've never herd that one before. Most of what I hear is. WOW if you spend that much on your truck. that means your getting it from me.

nothing wrong with having a clean truck and equipment. however I think the same when I see a fancy truck.
  7. grassyguy

grassyguy LawnSite Member

Where do we find these episodes?
  8. OrangeToys

OrangeToys LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW MO

I just watched the video and Im so excited to see what is to come. I love doing stuff to my truck when i have the money.

One thing I would like to see is adding strobes. even a nerf bar that looks tough on the truck.
  9. g21

TJ has been real busy with our winter plowing operation, but he sill start producing the episodes as soon as he gets a break. Thanks for your interest!
  10. Rivervalleylawns

Rivervalleylawns LawnSite Member

If you are talking about lettering then I agree 100%. I just got a new crew cab and I am really excited on the design process.

If you are talking about another one of the 50k work trucks your nuts.