1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Truck graphics idea

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by SouthernLawnCareTexas, Jul 9, 2012.

1. SouthernLawnCareTexas

SouthernLawnCareTexas LawnSite Member

I personally like vinyl truck lettering more than just the old truck magnets. Although, my truck is used for both personal and work purposes. Almost every weekend I go out of town to see family, go to the lease, or go fishing. At first I was just gonna get magnets to take on and off so I don't get a bunch of calls from people out of my mowing area. But I was just wondering if anyone had any solutions. For example, I was thinking I could get the truck lettered with vinyl and just get a magnet the same color as my truck to cover my number/web site when I'm out of town. This way I am still displaying my logo but not contact info. What do yall think? And getting two trucks isn't in the budget just yet. :laugh:

2. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

Very little times I use my truck for pleasure and I am still going with magnets

matching truck color magnet with a different color lettering.

I just cant figure out where to buy and what size and whats a good price for a set

3. JNB Construction

JNB Construction LawnSite Senior Member

I'd rather field a few phone calls from out-of-area folks than lose one potential customer that just happens to see my logo and number when we're both a couple hundred miles from home.

4. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

i'm against magnets because they'll easy scratch the pain

5. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

What part of setx are you from?

6. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think vinyl would leave much more damage in the long run

7. SouthernLawnCareTexas

Down around the Beaumont area.

8. SouthernLawnCareTexas

I was between the two for quite a long time. I saw magnets as not looking as good,rubbing the paint, and being stolen. But I saw vinyl as after being peeled off after a few years there would be a paint tone difference from fading. After getting a used truck I just decided the paint fading wouldn't be to bad and I would go with vinyl.

9. SouthernLawnCareTexas

That's a good point, didn't think of that. I most likely will just suck it up and leave them uncovered all the time and deal with out of town calls.

10. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

me too. What areas do you service?