Truck graphics idea

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by SouthernLawnCareTexas, Jul 9, 2012.

1. SouthernLawnCareTexas

SouthernLawnCareTexas LawnSite Member

I personally like vinyl truck lettering more than just the old truck magnets. Although, my truck is used for both personal and work purposes. Almost every weekend I go out of town to see family, go to the lease, or go fishing. At first I was just gonna get magnets to take on and off so I don't get a bunch of calls from people out of my mowing area. But I was just wondering if anyone had any solutions. For example, I was thinking I could get the truck lettered with vinyl and just get a magnet the same color as my truck to cover my number/web site when I'm out of town. This way I am still displaying my logo but not contact info. What do yall think? And getting two trucks isn't in the budget just yet. :laugh:

2. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

Very little times I use my truck for pleasure and I am still going with magnets

matching truck color magnet with a different color lettering.

I just cant figure out where to buy and what size and whats a good price for a set

3. JNB Construction

JNB Construction LawnSite Senior Member

I'd rather field a few phone calls from out-of-area folks than lose one potential customer that just happens to see my logo and number when we're both a couple hundred miles from home.

4. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

i'm against magnets because they'll easy scratch the pain

5. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

What part of setx are you from?

6. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think vinyl would leave much more damage in the long run

7. SouthernLawnCareTexas

Down around the Beaumont area.

8. SouthernLawnCareTexas

I was between the two for quite a long time. I saw magnets as not looking as good,rubbing the paint, and being stolen. But I saw vinyl as after being peeled off after a few years there would be a paint tone difference from fading. After getting a used truck I just decided the paint fading wouldn't be to bad and I would go with vinyl.

9. SouthernLawnCareTexas

That's a good point, didn't think of that. I most likely will just suck it up and leave them uncovered all the time and deal with out of town calls.

10. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

me too. What areas do you service?