1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Truck Keys

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bob, Jul 11, 2000.

1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Do you hold your truck keys in pocket or leave them at the vehicle? I've got some large areas to cut (10-13 acres) and if I dropped them, I'd never find them. There for I leave them hidden on my truck.(Don't tell anyone). Bob
  2. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Always carry two sets of keys, and keep them on me. Gonna add one more door key, on keychain to belt loop, so I can get into truck easier to grab a tool. <p>----------<br>Jim<br>North central Indiana
  3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I carry two sets on me also. This way I never get locked out if I happen to leave them in the ignition, which is hard with the newer trucks beeping at you if you do leave them in there. I got into this habit with my older truck that didn't have the buzzer. So far in the past 15 seasons, I've never lost my keys on a lawn, but I've had my wallet slip out which I found. I don't carry a wallet while mowing now.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>
  4. lawnforce1

lawnforce1 LawnSite Member

We have three sets. 1 goes in the pocket, 1 my partner has and 1 hidden (my partner has a way of locking his in the truck!)