1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Truck Lease Renewel

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Lemonds, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Lemonds

Lemonds LawnSite Member

I have a Isuzu npr diesel, that the lease runs out in October. I leased it three years ago, for 597.00 a month. I want to get a four door Isuzu in October but they want me to sign a four year lease for 621.00. Thats okay with me but there is no cancelation clause in it if I want to turn it in early. It is a dump body truck. I said no, and they counter acted with a two year for 987.00 a month. I cant do that. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Chris Lemonds
    Yorktown, Virginia:eek:
  2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Why in the world would you pay $29,000+ to borrow it for 4 years, when they are roughly $30,000 new, and you could own it by now? Then sell it, and use that money for a down payment on the new one you want. Maybe I'm missing something, but leasing/renting has never been high on my list.
  3. kipper

kipper LawnSite Member

If you have more money than you know what to do with, and no maintanence skills then you can lease a truck. Hence the reason big companies do this. If you are willing to pay me 29,000.00 dollars to borrow that truck and then give it back to me, and i not owe you anything that just sunds like a deal i can't pass up. Where should i sign to get you this truck ? If you have not seen the logic in what you have read here today. Please go to www.daveramsey.com and see what he has to say about fleecing , I mean leasing a vehicle. Hope this helps. Why pay all that money to give it back for nothing.