1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Truck Lettering on a Crew Cab-Help

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by M&MLawn, Mar 11, 2008.

1. M&MLawn

M&MLawn LawnSite Member

We are planning to have our truck lettered next week. They were showing us how it could be done and sent this pic. Something about it just isnt striking us. Would you normally do the front door or the back door on a crew cab?

Any suggestions would be great!

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

I would do the driver door you could use the other door for certain services you do. Think of it like a rolling bill board and you have alot of space to advertise.
  3. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Its a little boring, I would do the logo on the driver door and the phone number on the bed sides. Has worked out well for us:

4. RWS

RWS LawnSite Member

I agree the driver door would look better.
  5. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

This is how I did mine. Sprucelandscape has a nice one also. You'll have to search to find his.
  6. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, thats alot of space on that truck that should be used up. Do a search under the picture forum and search for truck lettering. That should give you quite a bit of ideas. All of my trucks and trailers are filled up with lettering except for my personal truck; that just has the logo and number on the extended cab window. Good Luck!:)
  7. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

Image, what did those graphics cost? it will give me a ball park on prices.
  8. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

I didnt pay even close to what most pay, I get a healthy discount. If Joe Blow walked in and got the same thing - ballpark $750-800.
  9. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

Ck out my pics on the picture forum of my truck i have a 3500 crew cab and did the back door windows with name town and DOT number not flashy at all but works for me
  10. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

I belive that DOT says name and location on the front door.