Truck Lettering

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by millsmowing, Mar 6, 2002.

1. millsmowing

millsmowing LawnSite Member

I am thinking about getting my truck lettered but don't have any idea what it should look like or say. What does yours look like, and how much did it cost you?

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

first off check out my site www.stslawncare and click on lawnsite pictures browse around you will see some designs on trailers and trucks. also try the search might be some pricing and design and opinions there also.

3. PAPS

PAPS LawnSite Senior Member

Truck lettering can be expensive... but in my mind well worth it... If you get airbrushing etc. it will cost some coin. I pay about $230.00 per door.

4. TOSLC

TOSLC LawnSite Member

I would recommend using the same design, and colors on your business card. Customers need to be able to associate ALL of your advertising.

5. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises LawnSite Senior Member

I'm with Paps. Truck lettering can be expensive, but a good job is worth the price. Vinyl just does not hold up to the riggers of our business. Most magnetic signs are OK, but there is nothing like a hand painted job. The couple who letter my trucks do it all by hand. It costs around $210.00 per door, and worth every penny IMHO. I wish to project a professional image, right down to the truck.....

6. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I disagree. I've found vinyl lettering to be very cost effective, professional and durable. And we bang the heck out of our trucks over the years. The only lettering I ever have to replace are the ones just under the truck bed. And that's only every 2 years or so and costs maybe $20.

I pay $125 for the 2 doors, tailgate, and two sides of the truck bed. Here are some pictures.

As for what it should look like , leave that up to the sign shop. My sign guy designed my logo for free. Some charge a small fee for it, but it's a one-time fee.

As for what it should say, keep it simple. Name, number, and maybe a few words describing what you do (e.g. lawn care, irrigation systems, etc....)

Here are the pics.....

98dodge2.jpg

7. JimLewis

8. JimLewis

9. Earthscapes

Earthscapes LawnSite Member
    from WNY

I have to agree with on the vinyl. It's so easy to get replaced if you get hit or something and much cheaper than paint. What happens when you drive through something and scratch the truck ? the paint usually flakes off or gets a nice scratch in it. I can call up and order one letter if i want to. Paint looks awesome but vinyl will stand out if done right.

$125.00 both sides of truck and tailgate. Truck is dirty, just got done plowin. the "Earthscapes" is actually chrome letters and looks great when clean. 50% of my customers are calls from seeing the truck around.

earthscapes.jpg

10. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

I had magnet signs made up with the logo below. They're cheaper ($100 for two doors) than vinyl and painted on. It looked good but but also looked kind of cheesy. This year I'm gonna pay the extra money to have it painted on the doors of my Dodge.