Truck Lettering?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by colawnbarber, Mar 16, 2013.

1. colawnbarber

colawnbarber LawnSite Member

Im wondering just how much business you get from truck signs? I currently don't have any and wanted to know if it is actually worth doing.
  2. kandalawncaremgr

kandalawncaremgr LawnSite Member

Why would you not want a rolling billboard. Get some signage and you will see the difference. That's the first thing I bought before my equipment. Get your name out there.
  3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

its not about generating business from trucks. Its called BRANDING. people hear the name of your company, see your flyer, see your truck drive by. they all help each other to have people remember your company name.
  4. kandalawncaremgr

kandalawncaremgr LawnSite Member

Thanks kajun, I wanted to mention branding but driving and texting is no good combo, lol
  5. magicmike

magicmike LawnSite Senior Member

I did the same thing...
  6. HDLLandscaping

HDLLandscaping LawnSite Member

For a customer to recognize your name it takes a few times seeing it, so the more often they see it the better. I live in a town of 20,000 people with bigger towns around me, Every company has their trucks lettered. Its high competition and you want them to remember your name when they need something done, and as a company just starting I want you to see it a lot!
  7. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

i try not to put and $ figures on here, but I will say my trucks bring in alot more in sales than they cost to have lettered or wrapped. Were working on a install proposal right now with a budget higher than 75% of the guys on here have in yearly sales. Where did the customer get my name and number? They wrote down website while stuck in traffic. They saw the truck and recognized it from a job site we were working at that they drove by one day.

The thing that has worked best for us with lettering is our websites. They are on the trucks as large as our name or phone number. We also have a series of quirky easy to remember urls that link directly to our site. So their is a short and simple to remember address for the irrigation trucks, one for fert, holiday lighting, etc on the appropriate truck that links to that section of the site. A short simple web address is much easier to remember than a phone number or your company name as the web url
  8. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

My trucks are rolling billboards and bring in lots of new business. My trucks are all the same make, color, look the same and all the lettering is identical the signs on my trailer match my trucks and all my company signs match my trucks and trailers. My employee's uniforms are color matched to everything else. Does this type of branding work? YES!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  9. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Exactly! If for no other reason than a professional image, all my trucks and trailers have my logo on them- all the same color (red), all professionally lettered- people recognize my logo, trucks and see the work we do. Helps set me apart from "Joe's Landscaping" with a 20 year old rusted out mason dump, beat up trailer, with the stick-on letters you can buy at the hardware store.... the kind of clients someone like that services are not my target clientele....

It will also bring you more business- my enclosed trailer is literally a rolling billboard for me- people see it in front of the house we're working on- they want their property to look the same way.... phone rings :clapping:
  10. Paul's Green Thumb

Paul's Green Thumb LawnSite Member

I'm starting out w/magnetic signs, but my next big purchase is going to be logo design, and then applying it to everything- truck, trailer... heck, I may even get bumper stickers for the mowers, lol.