truck letters

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rdh, Jun 30, 2001.

XOFMOT LawnSite Member

Well, I'll jump on this bandwagon as well!

I am in business. Part of ANY successful business includes ADVERTISING. I guess it all depends on how "BIG" you would like to become. Some of you have enough at this time and can't handle anymore customers...GOOD FOR YOU.....Some of us, INCLUDING MYSELF, would like to generate some more customers (I have no choice but to advertise every which way and how...I'm NEW!).

I went the MAGNETIC door sign route...I know I've heard a lot of negative thoughts on these magnetic signs..but thats my choice.
    Thats why I'm in business for myself, I get to make the decisions! Thanks to all of you LAWNSITE.COM people.....You just make things flow a little smoother!!!

Here is a PIC. of my door signs...Just got them today!

2. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

I think your signs look great...nice and clean...very professional looking...looks a lot like my signs (see page 1 of this thread) so of course I'm biased. I had some rectangle shaped ones for another business and they were on my truck for about 5 problems with those either. Must be that Ford paint... ;)

I hope yours works as well for you as mine has for hassles... just several great customers!

3. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

We have magnetic signs on our truck (Ford) no problems...take the things off when you are finished at the end of the day.
  4. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Go with a pro, and remember the key word, DELEGATION. This will be a business expense so it will be tax deductible. Why waste your time doing a task that can be done for short money and with a professional look.
  5. ron

ron LawnSite Senior Member

Magnetic signs work great,but there are a few problems with the magnets.first they make your paint turn to rust pits on your doors.there must be an easier way.tryied vinal letters and they peel off from all the hot sweaty air. from good ole florida..there must be an easier way to advertise...
  6. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

No problems here (2 years). Follow the instructions given to you when you order the signs and you will have no problem.

(Do not leave them on overnight. When you are finished take them off. They are not to be permenant so don't make them. Wax you vehicle each week.)
  7. Henry

Henry LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know the laws elswhere but in NJ if your vehicle has commercial plates you must have your biz name and phone # on both sides in letters at least 3" high. I was also told by an officer I know that magnetic signs don't count, although it's not often enforced.
  8. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I had the complete tail gate of my truck and complete back window and both sides of the trailer 7X16 and back of the trailer lettered from my buddy who does vinyl he didnt charge me but like 5 or 10 bucks.