Truck loader and grass clippings

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by okie mower, Nov 30, 2004.

1. okie mower

okie mower LawnSite Member

Will a truck loader handle grass clippings very well? I have Walker mowers and getting tired of loading by hand when I pick up clippings.

2. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

The bigger ones will with ease our 20hp eats though about anything. But thats way to big for just cutting lawns on the other hand when I used a 13hp and a 16hp in the past they clogged on grass all the time.

3. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

Have you thought about installing a lift on the Walker? We chocked on the first one because of the price. But once installed, wow, what a time saver. Now we don't even touch the clippings. We back up and dump it into a EZ-Dumper slide-in on the K3500. Works real good when fall comes around. The leafs are just starting to fall off the trees here.

4. John P.

John P. LawnSite Senior Member

You have a dump insert on your k 3500 ??? what do you think of it?

5. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

The slide in unit works great. The hardest thing was getting use to not having a tool box back there. We have several side configurations set up for different tasks. We made a complete enclosure unit for it when we hook up the Giant Vac Truck Loader.

Our unit is a EZ-Dumer and works great. It can carry a full sheet of plywood and still have a little storage on the side of the bed.

6. Royalslover

Royalslover LawnSite Senior Member

Okie, I got tired of loading by hand too. After the first week. What I do is back my walker on to my trailer and dump it there. I can stack it about 3 1/2 feet high that way. There are some obvious disadvantages to this: such as less room on your trailer for equipment and it takes a little more effort to stack the grass than it does to dump it out on a flat surface. I have a thingamajig at the front of my trailer and I stack the grass on it. When I'm ready to unload I hook on to a cable with my tractor and pull off my load in about ten seconds. This is a primitive way to do it but it costs little to nothing.