Truck loader mounted to trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ksland, Oct 25, 2002.

1. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Do you think there would be vibration problems mounting a 16hp leaf sucker directly to a metal trailer frame? Or should I isolate it with wood between the metal?

2. Are you planning on sleeping on the trailer?

It won't matter, it will vibrate no matter what.

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

lmao:p

4. ksland

This is a serious question that was looking for a serious answer, Thanks LGF:angry:

Am thinking of making a platform on the tongue that would connect the loader to the trailer. Just wasn't sure if I would have a problem with welds cracking and such.

5. CMerLand

CMerLand LawnSite Senior Member

KS,

Unless you have the GENE SIMMONS trailer tongue option, Id be real careful about mounting a leaf vacumn there. As you turn or backup the trailer the back end of your truck swings into area your planning to mount that machine and you'll be knocking that thing to pieces in no time. And dont kid yourself thinking that youll be carefull or you dont have any sharp turns to make, youll pinch that sucker soon enough.

CMerrick

6. gravedigger5

gravedigger5 LawnSite Senior Member

KSLAND, Are you loading leaves into your truck or trailer?? I just got done mounting mine on the back of my dump truck. I was going to put it on the trailer, probably up on the tongue, but I decided if I had it on the truck I didn't have to take the trailer all the time and I could also take trailer off at jobs where it would be easier to get to the piles of leaves with just the truck. But it is a little harder to mount to the truck, am making a swing away mounting bracket, hope to finish it up today, really looks good. Marc

7. If I recall you got a serious answer.
    No matter what you put inbetween it it will transfer the vibrations to what ever it is mounted to. However you can cut them down, but it still will happen.

With the big truck' engine off, I can feel the vac running 20' back there.

What about that 2:1 hitch from northerntool.com?

BTW you are talking to probably the best one about vacs.

Plus these guys are giving you some good options you should consider before mounting to you trailer tounge.

Also we are talking about vibrations, isolate or not. You got the best answer availabe to your question.

What else do you want? Do you need someone to hold your hand too?

8. ksland

I have been thinking about this subject for over a year, maybe 2 years now and finally made a decision that the best answer for me is to mount it on the tongue. I will be mounting it in such a position that it will not stick out any farther than the a frame of the tongue. It will be set a few inches behind the front crossbar on the trailer, and on top of it. My welder is making a bracket/platform that allows me to do this. I will be loading them into the dump truck. I know it is a pain to have to have the trailer everytime I suck up leaves but I always bring it anyhow. Yes there will be a few times it will not fit into an area I would like, and that is the downside.

9. GrassMaster84

GrassMaster84 LawnSite Member

What kind of trailer are you going to mounting it on? Is it closed, enclosed? Does it have a wood floor or mesh floor?

10. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Just do like I do and put a piece of flexible tubing (like what the insulation guys use to blow insulation) between your discharge chute and the vback of the truck box. Havent had any probs with the 23 clogging at all!!!

And yes for the record its mounted to the trailer frame just as you inquired about.