Truck Loader Questions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GSE, Oct 9, 2007.

1. GSE

GSE LawnSite Member
    from NH

OK, so I've hammered away at the search feature trying to find some answers but I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

I'm in the process of purchasing a 25HP Skid Mount Giant-Vac truck loader. Long term, I'm hoping to mount it directly to the frame of the truck between the cab and the dump body. Has anyone else done this before?

The quandry I have is I run an enclosed trailer, so tailgate mounting isn't really an option. I've thought about front mounting it to the truck, but visability/legality becomes a concern. Has anyone done this with such a large unit? It weighs in around 750 lbs. . . .

My plan was to run the truckloader Spring to Fall and also pick up grass clippings. Is anyone else doing this? Pros/cons?

Thanks for the insight. . . .

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Yes, a friend of mine has his truck loader mounted to the truck frame on the curb side. I have not looked at it very close but the tube goes up through the dump floor. Its an all aluminum box on a Ford 350 Super Duty.

3. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Funny thing is that I am also trying to mount a 25hp giant vac skid to my truck. Only I was going to hook it to te fisher plow mounts up front and have the chute go over the cab. But then again, I wasn't planning on having it on there all season.

4. GSE

GSE LawnSite Member
    from NH

Tim,

That was another thought I had. Do you have a plan yet on how to mount it to the plow frame?

5. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Check out my pics I just posted today "leaf loader pics" and "some more loader pics" This is exactly what I did, also on a Fisher plow frame. PM if you have any questions.

6. GSE

GSE LawnSite Member
    from NH

That's a pretty slick idea! I like that. . . .

What does that Billy Goat weigh in at? I know the Giant Vac is about 750 pounds. How stable is that mount on the plow frame?

7. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Our only comes in at around 250lbs but the bracket holds probably at least 500lbs, there were two of us on it with no stressing. My plow weighs 1000lbs so the frame is plenty strong. You might want to just double up on each bracket that goes into the plow frame.