1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Truck Loader

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by razorman, Oct 26, 2004.

1. razorman

razorman LawnSite Member

I am looking for a truck loader to mount on the front of my trailer to pick up leafs and blow them in my dump truck. I have looked at serval different kinds. Which one is the best? Would like to hear what you all think about putting on my trailer, Good Idea or Not? :confused:
  2. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

I use a BillyGoat 16 hp truck loader. Its mounted on one of the dump trucks swing open rear doors. We also take two trucks. One with an enclosed trailer loaded with options to tackle the task at hand. And the Vacuum truck...unattached so it can be backed up a driveway to suck up some leaves.
  3. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

Heres a picture

TkVacDback sm.jpg
  4. razorman

razorman LawnSite Member

Do you like the billygoat loader?
  5. Aaron Marshall

Aaron Marshall LawnSite Member

Thats funny, I JUST got done mounting one on my trailer tonight. Mine isn't a real leaf loader, its just one of the smaller ones for behind a lawn mower (only 6.5hp with a 6 inch hose), but I had it laying around so I threw it together today. I am just waiting for some hi volume hose to come in. I will take a picture once it all comes together (I pray that it will be done soon because it will proably save me a bunch of time). Happy searching!
  6. razorman

razorman LawnSite Member

That would be great,be intrested in how it works Thanks
  7. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 16 hp Billy Goat mounted on a dump trailer. The set up works perfect for what I do.
  8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I have my Lesco mounted on the front of my grain truck. I would suggest going with the largest HP you can afford.

Grain Truck Complete.jpg
  9. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I bought Little Wonder's 16 horse loader, the thing is a beast. Like WT said go with the biggest HP you can afford.
  10. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

DuallyVette.. nice looking set up.

Can someone tell me how long it takes to suck up the amount of leaves shown in that picture? Also, What ratio are the leaves tyically reduced too? How many piles (like the one shown) will fit in that box?