1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Truck loaders

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by bearcatlawn, Nov 9, 2007.

1. bearcatlawn

bearcatlawn LawnSite Member

I've been looking at Billy Goat truck loaders. One has a 13hp honda for 2500.00 (8 inch hose). The other has a 18hp briggs for 3200.00(10 inch hose). My question is it worth 700.00 more for the bigger one? Never used either before but I don't want to wish I got the bigger one? Input would be great

2. Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries

Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries LawnSite Senior Member

It's all on what your interested in. The HTR1803V has a 18 hp Vangard, larger housing, 10 inch intake hose and will perform better in wet conditions. The TR1304H has a 13 hp Honda, an 8 inch intake hose and is a great unit for those who are looking for a commercial grade cost sensitive unit.

Long term, I'd say the $700 will be worth it. As your business grows you may end up needing a larger truckloader quickly. The HTR will allow you to put off that purchase for years and you'll never have to appologize for performance in wet conditions.