1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Truck magnet advice

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by JonLawn, Mar 1, 2014.

1. JonLawn

JonLawn LawnSite Member

I am looking to get new truck magnets and am looking for a new provider. Right now I have vistaprint magnets and they look good but the biggest they make them is 12"x18". I want something bigger - maybe 18"x24".

Does anyone know a place that makes these custom? Also I have a jpg file for my logo so I need to figure out how to make the resolution expand to that size which right now it can't. Could a print shop do this?

I am open to lettering but I figure for resale and changing the logo info over time a magnet is easier. Thoughts?

2. WenzelOSLLC

WenzelOSLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure if you have a Fastsigns or similar shop by you. They can do almost any size you want.

Lettering can be (fairly) easily removed from the vehicle and there shouldn't be too many changes to the things you put on your truck. They last 3-5 or more years and your number, website, core services, etc shouldn't change too much in that time.

3. JonLawn

JonLawn LawnSite Member

I will look into that. What can I expect to pay for two doors lettered at 18x24"?

4. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

To letter both my doors with 2 color lettering and a grass border cost me 300
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I use "build a sign". they run a lot of specials and my magnets and street signs have held up well to weather. They have a pretty good online design widget and you can submit photos or artwork.

http://www.buildasign.com/

6. RonWin

RonWin LawnSite Senior Member

that's robbery. I paid $180 for both doors full color logo and text.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. JonLawn

JonLawn LawnSite Member

I got 2 huge door magnets with some artwork resolution work for $130. I'm happy with that.

8. Clippers PLS

Clippers PLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Im pretty sure Planitgraphics does magnet signs, double check but I'm almost positive. I'm not sure on Bob's prices but based on what he sent us with the EDDM postcards, I'm sure the magnets will be great as well.

9. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

If you're okay driving down here call markz designs. He has a website.

I paid less than $300 for entire truck. He does everyone i know. Morgan e russel freestate paving somd paving etc
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from NJ