Truck Magnet question

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by PeachState, Jan 27, 2004.

1. PeachState

PeachState LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

I am about to put lettering on my truck. Would you just put name of business and phone number large and easy to read?
    Or would you add "fully insured", "commercial & residential", etc.?
    I'll have a larger sign with more info on my trailor also.
    thanks, phil

2. Mac V2.0

Mac V2.0 LawnSite Member
    from Mid OH

dont get magnets...they reak of cheesy. i got both doors, both sides of the bed, and the tail gate done in 2 colors for $300. Looks great i think and has easily returned the money. To answer your question, i would just do name and number as big and bold as possible. The farther away you can clearly see, the better. On mine, i have the doors covered in the bus name, and the bed sides are about 50% covered in the phone number which you can read from about 150 yards away parked.

3. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I had my truck lettered for $100.00.

Both doors, entire back window. Looks much better than mag signs.

4. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I agree with Mac. If you have to take the vinyl off later. It is easy to do with a heat gun, or even a blow dryer.

5. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I paid about the same as ElephantNest paid. Magnets are actually more money. It is the same process, but now you have the cost of the magnet.

6. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

NAME & PHONE # as big as possible. Forget the other stuff. KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Whether you use magnets or vinyl, as long as you have your vehicle marked you are ahead of 30 or 40% of the LCO's (in my area at least). I have just 2 trucks, but have them both labeled with identical signage. I've had customers comment that they see us "all the time" and "all over town", so I know that this type of advertising works.

Mike

7. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I also agree that vinyl look much nicer I have had two sets of magnets in the past.

8. PeachState

PeachState LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Thanks for the help.
    I'm definately going to go with the vinyl now. I do agree that it would look more professional than the mags. I've got a business I trust putting together some quotes for different vinyl packages right now.
    Phil

9. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I get all of mine lettered. Costs me $25 per door. I do however have magnets on one truck, only because I use it to haul my race car. If you insist on magnets, you can at least make tham look decent. My magnets are $35 each, so they are a bit more. The include alot of info though.

10. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

The sun glare really doesn't do the lettering justice. It was so bright you can hardly see the signage on the white truck. The blue truck has magnets. The magnets are the same as the trailer lettering shown below: