Truck Magnet?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Husky03, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Husky03

Husky03 LawnSite Senior Member

What do you guys think of the magnets on your trucks for advertising? I plan to go get some made some time this week. I have been pricing them and at 30 cents or more per square inch they get expensive quickly. Also, do you guys prefer passing out business cards or Flyers?

Thanks...:)

2. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

Try www.accentgraphics.com. Two 12x24 inch signs with three lines and two colors for $29.95 plus delivery. Mine look rather plain, but have the required information and are clean and easy to read.

3. Husky03

Thank you for the link, but I want to be able to put the logo I am designing on the magnet.

4. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

They will probably do that but I will cost more. I use magnets because my work truck is also my daily driver. You will hear people on here say magnets are un-professional. But I see far more more unmarked trucks than marked with permenant or temporary signs.

Derek

5. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Try and look locally, and you may be surprised.
    I found a lot on Ebay, for basic ones cheap, but I am not sure of the quality. I'd rather pay an extra $10 or $20 to see what I am getting first. I found a place locally here where I can get 2 - 18" x 24" magnets, 2 colors with my logo for $70.
    There's a lot of places to look, just don't sell yourself short and buy the first ones you see. That goes for anything to do with the business.

6. Husky03

I have called around and the cheapest I have found in town are 20 cents per square inch. That is like $54 for a 12"x18" which I think should be large enough. I just hate paying over $100 for magnets. I do not think if you do a good job that they look unprofessional at all. We drive a white Dodge so I was thinking a white background with green letters.