1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

truck magnets

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jacob land and, Feb 15, 2006.

1. jacob land and

jacob land and LawnSite Member

has anyone found a good website to order vehicle magnets. i want to customize one on the site and get 2 matching for a good price. nothing fancy just company name, phone, etc....
  2. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

just some added info if you have not had much use with these magnets, but they tend to stick to the side of the vehicle permanently if you do not move them periodically. whoever the manufacturer of the sign is, bes sure to consult with them about maintenance and placing of the signs. i persoanlly have had terrible luck with them.
  3. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

Mine unfortunately made bad spots on the red paint on my vehicle.....I don't use them anymore....

4. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

There is a place on Ebay that sells them for a very competitive price. This is not a fly by night company either as they have an established storefront business. Can't remember the name but they are located in Fort Wayne IN. They were like 40-50 bucks for 2 signs and they had pre-made backgrounds for lawncare.
  5. Daves Propert Maintenance

Daves Propert Maintenance LawnSite Member
    from USA

my personal experience with magnets is that if your truck is dirty, they may slide off when you go over a bump and you lose them. if you get magnets, keep the truck clean and place the magnets where you want them at the beginning of each day, that way you do not lose them. It would be a waste of $50 if you lost your magnets.
  6. jacob land and

jacob land and LawnSite Member

hey dave when you built your trailer how did you go about getting a lic. plate and everything for it, i bought a 18ft. home made trailer and havent got around to getting it registerd and what not...?
  7. toac

toac LawnSite Senior Member

ebay magnets are here
  8. Daves Propert Maintenance

Daves Propert Maintenance LawnSite Member
    from USA

Well, in NH you can register the trailer as homebuilt or homemade, I don't remember which. I just go to my town office and register it there. They give the plates and registration forms. I found that it is also cheaper to register a homebuilt trailer than a brand name trailer.

Hope this is helpful.
  9. sgallaher

sgallaher LawnSite Senior Member

I've purchased signs from http://www.magneticsigns.com/ before and they worked out great. But yeah, you do have to remove them often to keep the sun from making them permanent.
    us flag
  10. DAMSLandscaping

DAMSLandscaping LawnSite Member
    from Maine

I got some on ebay too. not sure exactly what site but i love them. paid for themselfs on the 2nd day i had them on the truck.. some one saw them, came up to me, and i got there driveway (plowing) cant go wrong if you just starting out. the only problem ive had with them almost flying off was when i was driving down the road doing maybe 35 i was playing with the corner of it out my window and when i pealed it up, obviously it fly off.. luckly my arm got it.. but that just makes me a moron. hammer ...