Truck magnets

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The landscaper, Jan 23, 2005.

1. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

What size are the magnets on your trucks?

2. Harleyboy52

Harleyboy52 LawnSite Member

I guess you mean signs. My sign guy is one of my best buds and he hates magnetics. He says that they say part timer, fly by night, and scrub. I didn't know if I was going to keep this truck when I put these on so I wanted mags that I could take off and sell the truck unmolested. He was pretty smart so he covered the white magnetics with black vinyl first so they look like the letters are on the truck and not on magnetic signs. They are 24" long and 12" high. I don't know the cost as he will not let me pay for anything. He will get it back somewhere down the line.

shoreline truck.jpg

3. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

They run between $50.00 and $70.00 :sleeping:

4. iowa

iowa LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW IA

Mine were $75 for the top, and $20 for the bottom, which I change with the seasons. I have a Lawn Care, Snow Removal, and Fall Clean-up magnet for the bottom.

[​IMG]

5. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

WOW, them are some really nice mags. that guy is good. :cool2:

6. nitrotim

nitrotim LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

That looks great. I have a black truck and the black vinyl is the best idea I've heard.

7. fairwayCuts

fairwayCuts LawnSite Member

I went with magnents my first year. IMO it was one of the worst investments. I got the set from Kinkos and originaly they looked good(cost $65 i think). After about 2 or three months the outer coating started to bubble and peal off. It lasted until the end of the season, but it looked really bad. Last week I went and had vinyl lettering applied to my truck. It looks great! I was a little worried at first of putting "permanent" lettering on the truck, but it is my work truck and I plan on keeping it for a while. For lettering on the tailgate, truck bed both sides, doors both sides, and phone # both sides it cost me $100. Great deal! I got the idea for the lettering from GLS. He's got some real good looking trucks.

8. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

If I were to go with the mags. Would 24x12 be large enough? I would love to get the truck lettered but most likely will not have much longer, But will definately have my new truck lettered.

9. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

has anyone complained about the git r done slogan?