truck mount leaf loader

Discussion in 'LESCO' started by mulchmonkey2000, Nov 3, 2004.

1. mulchmonkey2000

mulchmonkey2000 LawnSite Member

I recently bought a lesco 16hp leaf loader with the swing away kit. After mounting everything on the truck, I noticed that there is horrible play in side to side motion of the swing mount. After thinking at first that it was caused by the reciever on my truck, i realized that it was the mount on the truck. The reciever mount that is part of the swing away mount seems to have a larger hole than that of the 2" reciever stock that goes into the reciever on my truck. In other words the hole that the bolt goes through on the swing away. With the hole being the correct size for the 2" reciever stock and the swing away being about an 1/8" larger it allows the mount to sway back and forth from left to right excessively. I'ld say from the point of it being level the ends of the mount will move up and down a good 6 inches. I want to know if this is an ongoing problem with the swing away kit or if i just got a bad one. I talked to the lesco dealer and they say a quick fix would be to just weld it, which i'ld rather not do. I would like to have that bolt in and not have to worry about anything since i paid enough for it. The dealer has a new swing mount i am going to try tomorrow, but if that does work they say there isn't much they can do. I hope i just have a bad mount b/c otherwise i'm not going to be happy at all. Do you have any info that i could possibly use? The leaves are coming down and i need help !!! :help:

2. TGK

TGK LawnSite Member

Just curious did anyone ever get back to you/ did the problem get solved?

3. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

On my billy goat loader with the swingaway setup has play also. I just use a rachet strap from the loader to my bumper to keep it from rocking.