truck mount sprayers

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by JTS lawn care, Mar 16, 2003.

1. JTS lawn care

JTS lawn care LawnSite Member

has anyone used the skid mount sprayer that goes in the bed of truck do they work good were would a cheap place be to get one at.

2. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

How big of a unit are you looking to get? What do you want to do with it? I would probably say Lesco is a good place if you want to get something for doing lawn applications. But I have no experience with that.

3. rkk95

rkk95 LawnSite Member
    from west PA

Lesco does sell a good spray unit, but if you have access to a Northern Hydraulics magazine you can order one and save a few hundred dollars.

4. JTS lawn care

JTS lawn care LawnSite Member

i was looking to get a 100 or 200 gallon one i was going to use it for lawn applications.

5. HacMan91

HacMan91 LawnSite Member

Ive got the one out of northern. It works fine, it was $800 less than lesco. Northern wanted $400 to ship it so I just drove to Atlanta to pick it up(2 1/2 hrs). I figured Id pay myself $400 and not them. Its the 200 gallon with the Honda Northstar ($2000). The northstar is a low end Honda, but no complaints so far.

6. ParkerLawn

ParkerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

I have the Lesco 200 gallon space saver unit and love it. I still have half of my bed to use for other equipment or products. It has the Honda engine and 300ft hose with electric reel. I don't know about the other company but i am very pleased with my Lesco unit. I paid $3000.00 for this particular unit but it is the top of the line unit with Lesco.

7. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

8. lordohturf

lordohturf LawnSite Member
    from SW OH

If you save the money on a cheap sprayer unit, what
    do you do when it breaks? Who do you call about warranty work?

Buy one that you can easily get parts for and has authorized
    warranty repair service close by! It will save you $ eventually!