1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Truck or Tracktor

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by AB Lawn Care, Jan 26, 2000.

1. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I am currently in residential snow removal and i am thinking of getting into commercial snow removal.I'm stuck on what to use,truck or tractor.I know that trucks could get to the job faster but if the tractor had a large blade(like a daniels 16 foot)then the tractor would be much faster.I could go into more pro and con's but i will let you guys do that.What do you think would be the best investment?<p>thanks! <p>from:adam
  2. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

A truck is more practical. For a tractor/loader to work, you'll need at least 1 other unit to work with it and invest a considerable amount of money into a unit without a large market. I would aquire a few truck units before exploring into the realm of tractor/front end loader w/ the big plows.<p>If you already have a few trucks, why not lease a front loader for the winter? In our area, they lease front loaders for half the price of the summer rates, making them very affordable for the work they produce.