Truck Racks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lsylvain, Apr 13, 2001.

1. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone uses racks on their trucks, and do you leave them on year round? I thought about getting some graphics put on mine or maby some prices. Like Mowing starting at $25 and so one. I do so many esimates and don't get the jobs because "I charge to much" I wanted to put the prices right on the truck so the cheapo's would quit calling.

Good Idea/Bad Idea?

Thanks

2. no... dont do prices. do:
    xyz landscaping...
    brief list of major services
    phone number.
    prices are no good because if you go to a big place and you have starting at 25$ on there they may talk you down more. i wouldnt do that. if i was to advertise on my truck i would just do business name / tree work / landscaping / lawn service / phone number period end of story

3. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I do so many esimates and don't get the jobs because "I charge to much" I wanted to put the prices right on the truck so the cheapo's would quit calling.

Don't put prices in advertising. When I schedule a quote, I ask them over the phone if they have an idea how much they expect or want to spend. I tell them that we have a $25 minimum, and it goes up from there. This gets rid of people who think they can get us for the same price as the neighbor's kid. There's my pair of pennies.