1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Truck ramp

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cos, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Anybody know where I can find a one piece truck ramp that mounts in the same way the tail gate does. I found a product called the Safe-T-Ramp but it mounts in the 2" receiver. I am looking for something similar, but mounts flush like the tail gate.

2. gslam88

gslam88 LawnSite Member

3. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

4. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

I just finished making a hide-away ramp for my truck bed. I'd be glad to give you some pics. What are you looking to accomplish or use this for????

5. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

I think that prtable ramps are a pain the rear. I want to replace the tailgate with one single fold up ramp like Mac linked me to. I would be interested in your pics.
  6. I've got one of the handy ramps like maclawnco linked to. Also bought a 2' bed extension from them at the same time. Works out pretty good.
  7. Doc Pete

I've sent these before, so for those that have already seen them forgive me;)
    The previous already shown pic is the ramps in the false floor. This pic is of the ramps (one piece riveted together) pulled out (very easy one hand operation)

8. Doc Pete

This last pic shows the "transition" ramp folded down, between the floor and the actually ramping. The whole procedure is just lower tail gate, pull out ramping, and fold down transition ramp. This saved a ton of time and effort for loading and unloading my snow blowers during the last big storm we had in NJ.

9. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I saw a really cool looking hideaway false floor type ramp like somewhat like the homemade one pictured above, except with a large one piece ramp you slide out, in a magazine ad, but I can't remember where! I use a Safe T Ramp some and like it a lot, but if I'd have known about it then I'd have bought the hidden type. Seems very versatile! Now that I think about it, I'm tempted to sell my safetramp and get one, since you don't even have to unhitch it to tow a trailer. One plus of the safe t ramp is it effectively adds a couple of feet to your bed length if you need it since it works with the tailgate down.

Also try one called a Gator Ramp. It telescopes to fit in a small space right behind your tailgate. Takes up only a few inches of bed space. But it looks a little slippery and steep.
  10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

How about Tommy Lift?

Ive seen what your looking for before, mainly on lawnmower repair shop pickups.