Truck ramps for riding mower any good?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by shadysidelawncare, Aug 9, 2013.

1. shadysidelawncare

shadysidelawncare LawnSite Member

Hey there!

I just started my own lawn care business in my neighborhood and already got a few jobs. I will have to get a ramp for my truck to load my riding mower on it. Any suggestions? Is it worth it? I saw a couple of good ones on Amazon for about 100 bucks, but I am not sure if they will do the job or not. Amazon product comments are not the same as they were a couple of years ago. I don't really have the money to put 1000 on the table for a trailer, so a ramp will have to do for now.

Thanks in advance!

p.s.: when relating to a certain ramp please be as specific as possible (brand, price...)
  2. GE734

GE734 LawnSite Member

Try Harbor Freight Tools for aluminum ramps or get a "ramp top plate" or "ramp kit" at your local HD or Lowes and have them cut you some pressure treated planks, i made mine and it cost me about $35 and some change
  3. shadysidelawncare

shadysidelawncare LawnSite Member

Thanks! I will give that a try!
  4. TPCLandscaping

TPCLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

you can probably find a used trailer for about the price of the medical bills you have when you flip your rider off the back of your truck. Id really try hard at finding a cheap trailer to haul the mower around on. then you can have some racks and keep all your equipment ready to go on the trailer so you dont have to tie your truck bed up if you have to haul debris... just remember, it cost money to make money (Safely)