Truck Ramps

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Guardian, Jun 8, 2002.

1. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I have previously posted about searching for ramps to load a commercial mower into my F150. I found all kinds of ramps from portable to heavy duty ramps that take the place of your tailgate. The tailgate ramps are great but costly. The best deal I found is www.oxlite.com[/URL]
    I like the idea of having a 46" wide ramp as opposed to 2 individual ramps. We tried individuals and they are scary when wet (slippery). The 46" wide is 77" long and folds in half for storage.
    So, add a trimmer trap and a blower rack to your truck and you have a nice, tight little system.

2. For the $ I like my Handy ramp. I got a 2' bed extention and put the ramp on that.
    Nothing to remove/store at each stop.
    Best part is the ramp will fit my dodge if my ford needs repairs. Takes about 15 minutes to swap.
    Its been awhile (95?) but I paid 900 for both, don't know individual prices.

www.handyramp.com

3. proline32

proline32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 98383

Yea, I was looking at on of those ramp systems that attaches to a class 3 hitch and become kinda like a tailgate that folds up. Currently I have some folding aluminum ramps that I got from JC WHITNEY.com....... they handle 750 lbs apeice and I paid 139.00 for them they handle me (250lbs) and my john deere well (800lbs). I currently do not have a trailer nor need one, the truck can get to places that a trailer makes difficult.

4. Ray&Christine

Ray&Christine LawnSite Member

I have the Oxlite ramps you are talking about. I found them too short to load my Walker into the back of my truck, the ramps are just too steep. They are ok for small lawn mowers or walk-behinds but too scary for riders. Also after only 2 months of use a few of the welds let go on the ramps. A tailgate ramp would also not take up any bed space in your truck like the folding ramps. On the other hand they are better than two single ramps. I would go for the folding tailgate ramp.

Ray

5. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

not sure if you are meaning to take your wb to job sites or what. i only gave $600 for my 6x12 tilt trailer, new.