Truck Ranks

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by A+ Lawncare, Jun 26, 2005.

1. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

2. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

They don't even have the specs right. The F-350 Tow Boss is good for 19,200lbs. and they list the Silverado HD as the most towing with only 16,700. Check your numbers AOL!

3. A+ Lawncare

small timer... maybe the #'s aren't correct but they've got something going on w/the ranks.... except #1 choice, a Dodge SRT! thats a toy not a truck...... o'well chevy HD is #2 & ford ranger is #5.... look @ the ranger well above all of the smaller class trucks :)

4. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

They put the POS Colarado above the Tundra?

Here, let me rework the list:

1. 2005 Dodge Ram 3/4 Cummins Turbodiesal
    2. Chevy Silverado HD
    3. Ford F-Series SuperDuty
    4. Toyota Tacoma
    5. Toyota Tundra
    6. Ford Ranger
    7. Nissan Frontier
    8. Nissan Titan
    9. Chevy Colarado.

5. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

WHY the hell is the EXT on their. Its NOT even a truck!

6. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

No allow me:

1. F-Series Super Duty V-10--Gas is cheaper than diesel and engine has 360hp/460lb. tq. (same torque as the '03 Dodge Cummins Standard Output) and 12mpg, also can pull almost the same as what the diesels are rated for.
    2. Dodge Cummins (good motor surrounded by questionable truck)
    3. F-Series Super Duty Power Stroke 6.0L--good power, but glad its going to be retired. (6.4L Twin Turbo PSD coming Spring '06, anticipated 350hp/650lb. tq.--hopefully bug-free!)
    4. F-150, solid all around good truck for light work, reliable, good mpg 15/16, good power.
    5. Toyota Tundra--reliable, but due to size, only good for very light work.

7. A+ Lawncare

why would the yotas be ranked b4 Ford Ranger? :dizzy:

anyways, i think the toyota tundra would be ranked higher than the toyota tacoma.... the tundra is the larger heavier truck in the 1st place...

8. climber

climber LawnSite Member

Wow thats ********. Dodge #1 they are an all around suck a$$ truck. And since when did cadillac make a truck. All that is, is and suv with some outside storage. Whoever made that list is and idiot and needs to be shot. I'd take a JD Gator over half them trucks except the Chevy HD best truck on the road.

9. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I would take the the HD any day. We have had them all. The good the bad and everything in b/t. Toyota is a great truck as in the new nissian. I am waiting to see if these companies come out with a 3/4 ton. Then let the game begin!

We do a fair amount of pulling. Easiest pulling is trailer with mowers. From there landscape block, rock, etc. All around ride, handle, 4x4 capabilities, etc, CHEVY. Very little sway, I have yet to be stuck with a chevy, and we tend to keep chevy in our fleet.

Now b/f ya all jump all over me, we use the same tires for our different trucks. All 3/4 ton, 4x4 gas engines. V-10 dogde, V-8 ford and chevy. We have had to pull the ford's out of mud, sand, and like 2 inches of snow. They just sit and spin. With 15 guys, 7 trucks, we find what works, what truck can go where and what they can handle. All trucks are 99 and newer.

10. Scapegoat

Scapegoat LawnSite Member

if you noticed, that is an article taken off the Forbes.com website. Now, knowing that, you should understand the ******** list.