1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Truck rental?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Greenservice, May 17, 2005.

1. Greenservice

Greenservice LawnSite Member

Is it possible to rent a truck to use for hauling a landscape trailer? My truck may be in the shop for a few days and it couldn't have happened at a worse time of the year. I don't know anyone I can borrow one from either.
  2. launboy

launboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

ya look in the yellow pages (phonebook) this probaly doesn't help but by me we got em.
  3. Greenservice

Greenservice LawnSite Member

Everyone I've called doesn't want you hauling a trailer with their trucks. That's the problem.
  4. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Go rent a trailblazer from Enterprise. They come standard with a tow package. Just hook 'er up!
  5. Reliable Lawn Care

Reliable Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Get the full insurance package with the rental! That way you are covered!
  6. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

No you aren't. Read the fine print, towing negates everything. It is a breach of contract. You will have to rent from a provider of commercial vehicles. They exist, but don't try Enterprise, Budget and the like.
  7. 021462

021462 LawnSite Member

Find one from a friend if you can, I called HERTZ yesterday to rent one for the same reason. $100.00 a day my friend. I can't afford that rate! They did not have a problem with me pulling anything with it though.
  8. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Uhaul rents pickup trucks here for about $35.00/day plus mileage.
  9. betterlawn

betterlawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

Yeah, the U-Haul docs say you can tow. I don't know why they would care if its a 5000lb cargo trailer or a 3000lb trailer full of equipment.
  10. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Just a thought .... rent a truck n get some ramps if ya have a wb or rent a u-haul with a ramp lift if a Z