Truck Seat Covers

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by jameson, Oct 20, 2006.

1. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

About 5 yrs ago I purchased some seat covers for my 2000 F-250 XL (work truck vinyl seats) - velour, padded, 2 seperate fitted pieces - back of bench fastened with velcro - bottom with velcro and hooks underneath - snug fit, easy installation, pockets on the back of bench and on front of seats for storage - in fact they are still on that truck and holding up well for what they have been thru.

I maybe paid around $180 - $250 (?) - well worth every penny. The problem is the dealer I purshased them from didnt have a clue as to what I was talking about, they evidently changed distributors - I need a couple more sets for the other work trucks. They had some cheapo cheesy ones that dont last - but I dont want to go that route again.

I'll try to post some pics of the covers on the 2000 Ford - maybe someone has something similar? BTW I couldnt find any tags on the seat covers to identify the maker.

Anyone have any good recommendations on quality seat covers for trucks?
  2. Chop Stuff Up

Chop Stuff Up LawnSite Senior Member

There's a mom&pop shop here That will fabricate seat covers for any car. There's a franchise also, I think its called Rayco. I guess anyone who does upholstry/interior restore can make something. The price I got from the mom&pop shop was $50 per section, and each seat is "2 sections" (the bottom part you sit on and then theres the back part), so it would be $200 total for everything. They would let you pick the material, and that was included in the total cost.

Ebay has some covers, but I don't know if they are cheapo cheesy or if they are the real deal. seat link