Truck Signage?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MOturkey, Jan 23, 2011.

1. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

I'm thinking of putting signage on my truck for the first time this year, and was wondering what type to look for. Just a simple company name and phone numbers. I don't want to go the paint route, in case I trade vehicles. I assume there are options now other than the old magnetic signs from years ago. Thanks.

2. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

the only thing that isn't permaneant is the magnetic signs. which i think are still very popular.

i use to use them until my dad borrowed my truck and got hit from the passenger side and lost the passenger side magnet. i never replaced.

i have decals on my trailer and have thought about decaling my truck as well. but it is a personal vehicle as well and its sometimes nice not having business information on the vehicle.

3. vaacutabove

vaacutabove LawnSite Bronze Member

I just looking into getting my back glass lettered from a local guy (Does it over the internet as well if you want his info just pm me.) he came back at 100-125. it was cheaper than I thought. I would stay away from the magnets they look cheap like your not serious about the business. As far as if you sticker the side. I have seen people remove them with a air tool that spins an pulls the sticker off with no damage to the paint. (No idea what its called). As soon as I make up my mind If im selling or keeping my truck Its getting stickered.

4. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

If you have a separate business truck I'd look into it. I was considering getting my truck lettered, but it's my personal vehicle as well. If I stop for a beer or come down with an acute case of road rage then I don't want my name associated with nefarious things like that.

5. bladesnshades

bladesnshades LawnSite Member

I had my sign guy make a vinyl wrap for my door w/co. name and number on it. will peel off later if ya need it to, about 150.00 for both sides, he makes my yard signs also. both get a lotta attention. Cheap advertising if ya ask me!

6. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

If you're only getting a door sign, or you're ashamed of getting recognised as a lawn guy don't bother. The pupose of your sign, is to advertise. Something eye catching with a readable #( like from 3 blocks away) is the key!

I see stupid door signs that can't be read from more than 4 feet away so you're only reaching people who walk by. And I've seen $2000 wraps that are soooo busy, you cant read the numbers within the leaves and sprinklers in the photo's or a color that doesn't stick out enough to read before the guy in front of you brakes hard.

here is my new signs for my dump truck walls and back doors on aluminum, they cost $519 and I can't wait till my truck comes back from paint, to put em on!

S6300521.jpg

7. Agape

don't want permanent? vynal lettering is cheap, and you can peel it off with a hair dryer when u want to.

8. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

if you have a dodge dont get magnets. they stick and ruin the paint.now my ford has no problems with them. it must have something with thier paint or undercoating

9. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

i disagree that magnets look cheap. they are a form of advertising and done correctly can and do look very nice.

i just purchased a dodge not even 6 months ago. never heard that about the paint but then again i haven't put any magnets on it yet. don't plan to.

i wouldn't be opposed to getting door magnets again though, if they didn't ruin my paint. the only problem i had with them was at the carwash. its a pain to have to remove them and put them back on every time you go through the carwash. thats where decals would be nice.

10. Agape

YOU ARE WRONG! Magnets are stooopid! lol