1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

truck signage

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chefdrp, Aug 3, 2004.

1. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

i orderd some lawn signs and also got 2 magnetic signs that match for the truck. Do you think signage on your truck is worth the money? Whats the best way to use these wiout leaving marks on the paint?
  2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

yes, signage is worth it. Wash and wax the truck first then put 'em on. keep the truck clean (ish) and wax it every 4-6 weeks and you should be golden.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Truck signage is well worth the money. As for keeping it clean, I don't know, I just figure its a work truck, so what the heck.
  4. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Didn't we just talk about this?
  5. benb0808

benb0808 LawnSite Member

Lawn signs and truck signs are both well worth the money. I've got nearly 80 calls this year from about 20 double sided yard signs. The truck signs seem to just let people know who you are....good in a marketing aspect.
  6. Geoffrey

Geoffrey LawnSite Member

What about all the awe over the TJ's Justice no signage on his trucks?(large and cheap lawnservice in Dallas) I'm really glad this thread was started because I've ALWAYS believed a lettered truck was the only way to go. Actually I'll be hard pressed to ever change my mind.

7. benb0808

benb0808 LawnSite Member

Yard signs work best in march, april, and early may...Any later in the season you will get cheap asses with extremely tall grass who want a one time cut...however, they can also bring in some commercial accts....and people will start to recognize you. Choose your sign locations wisely.(IE early Sat. morning at very busy intersections) ..it is often against city ordinance and they will take them down
  8. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a new commercial account i will be using one on, but was realy wondering about the truck signs
  9. g overbey

g overbey LawnSite Member

I have picked up several accounts from people seeing me driving down the road and called my number. I believe a clean truck with
    signage that is well planned and easy to read is important.
  10. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

I have landed a few jobs from the truck signage. Clients have told me so. I do know guys though that don't have the signs & do just fine because they're business is built up enough to go on word of mouth only.