Truck Signs

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by deere615, Aug 21, 2007.

1. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I am thinking about getting some truck magnets. I want magnets so I can take them off when I need too. My biggest question is should my magnets just have my business name, logo, and phone number or should I put services I do on them too. Usually when you put the services on their too they are hard to see. I've seen truck magnets and lettering done both ways what would you guys reccomend.

2. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

Keep it simple company name, logo, and phone number.

3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Agreed. We have some magnets made our first year in business, they looked really good, but we finally lettered both trucks with just the company name, logo, and phone number and it looks so much cleaner.

4. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

For your information:

*Magnets......kiss your clear coat goodbye. It WILL scuff the clear and you will have to buff the living hell out of it to get it back.......or wet sand.

From experience.

5. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

yeah just go w/ true vinal logos. mag signs ruin paint

6. aracad

aracad LawnSite Member

If you decide to go with vinyl lettering try www.signus.com. I think it is a fantastic inexpensive way to get a great looking lettering job.
    Do it yourself and save....

7. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

Completely true. And like others have said, keep it simple: Company name, logo, and phone number. The only exception is if you do a large aluminum sign for your trailer tailgate. My current sign has seen it's day, and I plan on having a new one made up soon(have too much work now to get new clients). It paid for itself after only one month.

8. deere615

Thanks guys for all the opinions so far. The reason I wanted magnets was because it is my personal truck and I use it for school too. I will have to think vinyl over twice. More opinions are welcome!

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Here are my mags...i also have a winter set for plowing that gets directly to the winter point.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=197484

they do not ruin paint, just keep your truck and the mags clean and you're all set. And the guy that makes these for me lives right in PA, i could give you his email if you wanted to contact him about designing a set for you!
    -mike-

10. deere615

MCW I seen your signs earlier when you first posted them they look good. I have one guy I am gonna see first but If you could give me your guys email I would really appreciate it. :waving: Thanks Brad