1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Truck Snowblower...

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by SlimJim Z71, Dec 17, 2000.

1. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

I noticed in the Northern Tool catalog there is a huge snowblower that mounts to the front of a pickup. Anyone tried this thing? Or know of any others?

I know in the picture they show it on the front of a 1/2-ton, that can't be smart. That pig probably weighs over 800-lbs.!

2. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith LawnSite Senior Member

3. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm guessing that thing moves a LOT of snow!

CHATAWAY LawnSite Member

Truck mount snowblower seems like the ticket!!

I would really like to find an outfit that makes this product hear in the west, all I can find is big units for loaders?

5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

must be a pain in the smaller storms like 1-3 inches. I wonder how fast you can drive with it on there and still move all the snow?
  6. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Think about it though,if you have an exra truck,like I do,set it up on it,and you can go around and blow back all the banks with it,i wouldnt blow driveways with it,unless the plow couldnt get thru.I would just use it to remove snow,and open up roads that are getting tight,you would have to go out right after plowing,before the banks got frozen though.Tim,as for the 800 lb blower on a 1/2 ton,its just a picture and its probably the onoy truck they had around,most people give no thought to overloading a pickup.It the BBQ this summer at John Parkers Shop,the Hiniker dealer shows up with a his C-plow on a new Ford SD diesel excab F250-duh,no sno plow prep or front end payload-they dont care,as long as if fits.I asked him why they put a plow on a truck that wasnt supposed to be plowing-his response-oh-its not my truck we borrowed it.It is only when something needs to be done under warranty or they run into someone that this comes up,then a good lawyer will eat you for lunch if someone is hurt,and insurance will squeek out of the claim-leaving you liable for everything-even the truck damage.I only know because i know someone it happened to-set him back about 10 yrs and destroyed his credit and business.